The month started out with a birthday party a friend hosted for her now 3 year old son, which was super fun for the kids and pretty fairly relaxing for us. I'm sure for Lauren it was less than relaxing! The following Monday we had a family dinner for Emma's first birthday. I chose Monday because I knew it would be easier for everyone to make it... Then my Mother-In-law got sick and she couldn't make it. BUT she gave me a wonderful recipe that I managed to NOT mess up and everyone seemed to find it delightful! Thank you Momma P!
The next day was Brandon's birthday. He worked until late into the evening so we didn't really get a chance to celebrate. We couldn't celebrate the next day because we were so busy and the following night he worked late into the evening again. Then last night was supposed to be girl's night but turned into a family double date with the Burkey's! We enjoyed having them over, but our boys are going to be trouble! Watch out!
Brandon gets off work in about an hour so we get to hang out outside and enjoy this beautiful weather as a family! Every morning I've been taking the kids outside and just playing and playing. Every time we come in, they get a real bath or a mostly bath! They've been covered in dirt and chalk all week. Today is no exception!
I am yearning for a house of my own, a yard of my own, to raise my kids in. We can have a place for everything, a dog-poop-free yard they can run around freely in! Maybe a garage for our car? Not that living with my parent's has been a horrible woe! We've been so blessed by their hospitality and help help help! I've loved every moment my children have been able to spend with my parents and I know they've enjoyed coming home to the ehm, "joyful, free-spirited" monsters I call children. I promise you, "Monsters" is a term of endearment. They are crazy happy silly babes, and I wouldn't ask for different kids! Their energy alone can do someone in! hence the (at least) one cup of coffee in the morning... maybe a rejuvenator in the afternoon, and by bedtime we are all ready to crash!
Well, Tuesday marks Emma's actual birthday and a small celebration. Next Saturday is Kyle's 2nd birthday party, 2nd! And the following Monday is his actual birthday. Tomorrow we are celebrating my great grandmother's 97th birthday, 97! The 21st is my grandpa's birthday and the 30th is Lisa's. We have a lot of celebrations still to come this month, and we've only made it halfway through + a few days. yikes! I've heading out now, going to enjoy this beautiful morning!
Happy 1st Birthday pretty girl!
Emma's toes....
Kyle's toes...
Nutella faces!
He found the oreos....





love them! They are getting so so big. And yes...our boys are trouble..for SURE.
ReplyDelete