It was a Saturday evening, around 10-10:30. We went out to my friend's 21st birthday at Corby's. We hadn't been there long when we received a phone call from a friend bearing the saddest news to hit us as a married couple. Kyle Conrad had passed away. Brandon was in shock and disbelief, as was I. We tried to stay for the birthday but it became too obvious that something was bothering us. I let my friend know what had happened and that we didn't have any details yet. Just as we were getting ready to leave, I looked out a large window to the street, and walking down the sidewalk in downtown South Bend was a random man carrying a cross. I mentioned it to the whole gang that happened to be there and we watched him walk away. When Brandon and I walked out of the bar that man was gone. No where to be seen. I knew right then and there that Kyle was in a much better place, was much happier, and that he had already carried his cross, his journey on earth was done.
In church Sunday, Pastor Jeff had preached about carrying your cross. He looks at the term "To carry your cross" is to "take your ministry with you, wherever you go, whatever you do." That was Kyle. He was Loving God, loving others, and serving others. Which is also the theme for our children's church. I have believed from day one that God brought us to Cedar Rd Missionary Church for a purpose, and He is connecting our lives to who Kyle was. I don't think its just a coincidence. He is doing great things and we are seeing Him more and more in our lives and in the lives of those around us. He is amazing.
Enjoy some of the greatest memories we have shared with Kyle, as well as his other friends and family...
Our wedding, Kyle is the tallest one in the Middle behind Brandon and myself.
Kyle is to Brandon's right.
This is the "Oakwood Hot Tub" (Kyle to the left)
Kyle Conrad and Kyle Silveus
Kyle and his beautiful wife, Chelsea
Kyle and a cousin
.... You get the idea.
The way he carves his pumpkins I guess!
It all turned out ok!









No comments:
Post a Comment