I looked on the other side of the of the cart in the kitchen and what did I see?
A MOUSE!
Poor thing... his foot was caught in the trap... all bloodied and he was just whimpering and whining... I almost cried. I can handle it when its BAM! Snapped ya and you never knew it, but this little guy was trying to get around in the kitchen with the trap stuck to his foot...
I called Brandon (who yes once again was just in the other room, but this time sleeping) and told him he needed to come quick!
He hurried to the kitchen and did the only thing he could do at that point in time. He "saved" the day...
In Africa, seeing mice/rats killed by bare hand, a fire poker, a foot, broom... (etc) was natural. It didn't get to me, however this morning, I must have been running on freak.
Brandon (the next brave soul in this saga) took the mouse out of its misery. I moved out of the way and watched and listened as that poor critter's life finally came to an end. I must say when people tell you that those snap-traps are quick and painless, they haven't been around our mice.
I called Ann (boss) to let her know that I was going to be late and why... She has seen video and pictures before of what our days entail when it comes to mice... I surprisingly got to work only 5 minutes late today, and Ann DID NOT want to see the proof I had of the morning's adventure on my phone...

Also, Kraft Singles cheese fights
can be quite entertaining at 1:30
in the morning...

Oh and for Brandon...
"Boom boom Clap! Boom da Clap da Clap!"
No comments:
Post a Comment